Objective: create an infographic displaying information about Your Adversity
Now that you have done all of your research on your adversity, it’s time to show us what you learned. Using the Adobe Spark Post app, you will create an infographic that reveals a visual argument answering the Unit 2 Summative Essential Question.
What is an infographic?
An infographic is a visual representation of information. Infographics help you communicate a complex idea- simply and quickly. They often are visually-stimulating and catch the attention of their viewers.
Which do you prefer? Why?
More Infographic Examples
Things to consider:
- VISUAL LAYOUT: How will you make this visually appealing to your audience? What makes the most sense to express your ideas?
- SIZE: Consider the sizes of the font, shapes, and icons. What do you want the viewer to notice? How would you show importance of the adversity and claim compared to the other components?
- MOOD: What is the mood of your work? What colors or color theme (2-3 colors) can be used to portray this? What emotions do you want the audience to feel?
- TEXT FEATURES: How will you use font, heading, icons, captions, bold/italic print, and/or maps to express your argument?
Your InfoGraphic Must Include:
- TITLE + YOUR NAME: This should identify your adversity. Your name does not need to be overpowering.
- BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF YOUR ADVERSITY: This could be a reference to the setting (time and place) that your event happened. It could paint a picture of what happened before and/or during the event.
- CLAIM: This can be directly or indirectly stated.
- REASON AND EVIDENCE: Include reasons and accompanying pieces of evidence to support your claim. Your evidence should be specific: facts, statistics, numbers, direct quotes, etc. Think about how you can portray this in words and visually. Give credit to your source following the statement. (Ex: “You are stronger than you think!” - Mrs. Macfadden)
- ANALYSIS: This can be portrayed using words and/or visuals.
- COUNTERCLAIM + REFUTATION: Think about how you could portray this information using words and/or visuals.
Reminder to SUBMIT your NoodleTools citations to the separate Schoology assignment. This does not need to be included in your Infographic.
Specific TECH Requirements for Spark Post
1. Choose "Solid Color" option
2. Choose "Landscape" or "Letter" as the size.
3. Only "Add text" and "Add icon" you are not adding any photos from camera roll.
4. Do NOT add animation effects. Export as an image.